Calibrating your Adam Equipment Triple Beam balance is simple and quick to do:
- Use a weight with a known mass to verify if your triple beam balance needs calibration.
- Place the mass on the pan and adjust the sliding weights to determine if the balance is out of calibration.
If your balance needs to be calibrated:
- First, remove the screw on the side, underneath the pan. This holds the pan in place.
- Next, unscrew the weighing pan to access the weights inside.
- If the weight is too high, remove weight from the inside of the balance. If it is too low, add weight to the inside. You can use anything that has a mass to make up the weight. This might take a little trial and error to get the right amount.
- After the weight is correct, reassemble the balance.