Temperature calibration ensures that the PMB’s settings are accurate, and that samples will be dried properly. This process will take between 30 to 40 minutes to complete.
1. Turn on the PMB.
2. Once the PMB is on, make sure it is in normal weighing mode.
3. Place a sample pan on the pan support.
4. Place the temperature probe on the sample pan within the weighing chamber.
5. Close the weighing chamber.
6. Press the [Setup/Enter] key to enter the menu.
7. If you set a passcode, enter the passcode. If not, you will be in the menu.
8. Use the [Dspl/↑] and [Test/↓] keys to cycle through the menus. The calibration menu should be the fourth option.
9. When you see “CALIBRATE” on the display, press [Setup/Enter] to enter the menu.
10. You can now scroll through the menu’s sub-section. The “CAL TEMP” option is after “CAL MASS”. If not, use the [Dspl/↑] and [Test/↓] keys to cycle though the subsections until it is displayed.
11. When “CAL TEMP” is displayed, press [Setup/Enter].
12. The display will show “00:00” and start a timer for 10 minutes. It will beep every minute to remind you calibration is in progress.
13. Observe and record the temperature in the chamber. It should be around room temperature.
14. Once the temperature stays constant, press [Setup/Enter] to enter the temperature value you just observed. To enter the numeric value, use the [Dspl/↑] and [Test/↓] to increase or decrease the digit. The [Print/←] and [PST/→] keys allow you to advance or move back to the previous digit.
15. Once you have the correct value, press [Setup/Enter] to accept your entry.
16. The heaters will turn on and heat the weighing chamber until it reaches around 150ºC, which will take around 30 minutes. A timer will show the elapsed time.
Note: If the temperature is stable before the full 30 minutes are elapsed, you can simply press [Setup/Enter] to stop the timer, and enter the temperature as described above.
17. Once the heating is finished, the PMB will beep. Read the temperature of the chamber.
18. Press [Setup/Enter] to enter the temperature value you just observed. To enter the numeric value, use the [Dspl/↑] and [Test/↓] to increase or decrease the digit. The [Print/←] and [PST/→] keys allow you to advance or move back to the previous digit.
19. Once you have the correct value, press [Setup/Enter] to accept your entry.
20. The PMB will return to normal weighing mode.
21. Let the PMB cool before you use it again.
If the calibration is not completed correctly, the calibration process will be stopped, and the display will show “TEMP CAL FAIL”. The PMB will return to normal operations, and the temperature will not be calibrated. You have 30 minutes to enter the temperature before the test stops.
The temperature values used during calibration will be accepted only if they are within acceptable limits of the values stored during the dealer calibration.