- Turn on the PMB.
- Once the PMB is on, make sure it is in normal weighing mode.
- Press the [Setup/Enter] key to enter the menu.
- If you set a passcode, enter the passcode. If not, you will be in the menu.
- Use the [Dpsl/↑] and [Test/↓] keys to cycle through the menus. The calibration menu should be the fourth option.
- When you see “CALIBRATE” on the display, press [Setup/Enter] to enter the menu.
- You can now scroll through the menu’s sub-section. The “CAL MASS” option should be displayed first. If not, use the [Dpsl/↑] and [Test/↓] keys to cycle though the subsections until it is displayed.
- When “CAL MASS” is displayed, press [Setup/Enter].
- The display will show “Load 0g”.
- Unload the pan.
- Remove the sample pan.
- Press [Setup/Enter].
- The display will prompt you to select the mass to be used for calibration. It will show “LOAD 50g”.
- Use the [Dpsl/↑] or [Test/↓] keys change the digits to pick a different mass if needed.
The mass needed varies per model:
For the PMB 53, calibrate with 20 or 50g
For the PMB 163, calibrate with 100 or 150g
For the PMB 202, calibrate with 100 or 200g
- Press [Setup/Enter] to confirm the mass.
- Once the stability indicator is displayed, place the calibration weight shown on the center of the weighing pan.
- Press [Setup/Enter]. The analyzer will calibrate to the mass you selected.
- Once calibration is complete, the display will return to normal weighing mode. A calibration report will be printed.
If there is a problem in calibration, an error message will be shown. The following errors are possible:
“Error Stab” If the weight is unstable.
“Error Low” If the weight is too small.
“Error High” If the weight is too large.
Correct the error, and calibrate the PMB again.